- VHAA Rules and Regulations – Revised September 14, 2015
- VHAA Minimum Standards – Effective January 10, 2009
UAS, UAV, or Drones
The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
- Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
- Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
- Don’t fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
- Don’t fly near people or stadiums
- Don’t fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
- Don’t be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft.
For more information regard UAS, UAV, or Drones, please visit www.faa.gov/uas/
Virginia Highlands Airport is NOT authorized to issue permission to operate UAS, UAV, or Drones.
Copies of the NFPA 407 and NFPA 410 are available for viewing at the airport Administrative Office, Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.