Virginia Highlands Airport is a regional base of operations for corporate and private airplanes. Runway: 6-24/4470′ x 75′ asphalt. Elevation is 2088 feet. Strategically located on Interstate 81 in Washington County, the airport is just minutes from Bristol, located on the Virginia-Tennessee state line, to the South and historic Abingdon to the North. We are the gateway to the Northeast Tennessee and the Great Southwest of Virginia and the quality choice for airport services.
Up Coming Event
Planning to Attend “The American Legends for Mountain Mission Kids” at the Olde Farm on September 10th, 2018?
Virginia Highlands (KVJI) is Your Choice Airport.
- All fees will be waived September 8, 9, 10, & 11 for the Legends Event. No overnight fees, no landing fees, no ramp fees.
- Thirty cents PER GALLON (.30) off current price for Jet-A
- Lighted and fenced ramp with 24 hour security.
- Five minutes to The Olde Farm. Easy In, Easy Out. No TSA commercial airport security.
- Rental vehicles available at the airport from Enterprise®
- Pilots lounge, kitchen, pilot planning room, snooze room, Wi-Fi, crew car, shuttle, coffee, ice.
- 280,000 sq. ft. Paved ramp. No parking fees for The Legends Event.
For more information on the Airport you can visit the FBO Section on our website or call 276-628-2909 / 276-628-6030.
DOT and FAA Finalize Rules for Small Unmanned Aircraft – for more information click on the following link –
As of Feb. 01, 2018 The Virginia Highlands Airport has No T-Hangars available for rent:
If interested, please come by the Administration Office between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M., Monday thru Friday.
The Virginia Highlands Airport Authority Regular Monthly Meeting Scheduled for Monday, September 10, 2018 has been rescheduled for Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 6:00 P.M. The meeting will be held in Conference Room A of the Terminal Building. If for any reason the Board Meeting is canceled, the meeting will be held at 6:00 P.M. on the following Wednesday.
If you have any questions please call the administrative office at (276) 628-2909.